Holy Mackeral – The Disposal Story

Home Forums "Top Picks" Holy Mackeral – The Disposal Story

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by ntaylor ntaylor 3 months ago.

• Author

Tom

A true story for a rainy day…..

20 years ago Mrs. Beagle and I were recently married and living in an apartment. Worked the evening shift 1500-2300 so about once a week would get up early and go to the Skyway. One day we got home about 1300 and I had about 5 small macks to clean. Filleted them in the kitchen while the wife is showering. Then, hot and tired, got ready to make the long walk to the community dumpster to get rid of the carcasses. Then the Beagle starts thinking….

You know, they say to put chicken bones down a garbage disposal to clean it. There macks are pretty small. Yeah! That will work!

So I get the water running, flip on the disposal and drop the first mack in head first. The head lodges in the teeth of the disposal, the body and guts are still up in the air in the sink, and it starts spinning around at about 500 RPM’s spraying guts and blood all over the kitchen – up to the ceiling! Looked like an axe murder took place.

The moral of the story? Always make the wife clean the fish and take the garbage to the dumpster while you are showering!

Da Beagle in the Dog House

Neil Taylor
    Neil Taylor
    Keymaster

This is one of the best capmel.com stories of all time.

Tom

Thanks Neil. Everytimes I fillet a fish I chuckle remembering this one.

Neil Taylor
    Neil Taylor
    Keymaster

It seems to me like the original story went into more detail on the lingering aromas that pureed mackerel remains has. But, my memory isn’t what it used to be…

Bob Doria

Pretty funny. Brought to mind the old “Bass-o-matic” from SNL.

Mark Magni

Da Beagle are you still married?

That a Funny Story.

Russell A. Caipen
    Russell A. Caipen
    Participant

Funny story, that obviously happened to you recently and not 20 years ago. Also, who the hell said put bones in the disposer?

When I first saw this I thought you were going to say that you made fish spread in it.

too funny dude

fishindad
    fishindad
    Participant

Ok this is really funny. What makes it more funny is that I could visualize myself giving that a try…. Well.. not after that story anyway!

John J Roche

We live and learn, right Tom?

Soon after I was transferred to Bahia Honda so many years ago I learned a new fishing technique, chumming.

I bought my first block of chum and not wanting to use it all the first time (ranger pay in 1977 was not that great-like today) so I thought I would cut it in half.

I took the frozen block over to the shop and used the radial arm saw. Worked fine, until I went back to the shop the next morning. Seemed the saw cutting left a line of chum mixed with saw dust up the back wall.

Yuck, at least I could fire anyone that complained, you were married…

Tom

Stumpmaster wrote:
    Yuck, at least I could fire anyone that complained, you were married…

Amazingly I still am – to the same deparate woman!
    (Actually I am very blessed with Mrs. Beagle and lucky she believes in forgiveness!)

To bad you didn’t have it on video it could have been worth something.

Tom

GEO wrote:

To bad you didn’t have it on video it could have been worth something.

Captain George – this spring take me mackeral fishing and talk to Mrs. GEO. We can re-enact it in YOUR kitchen and you can film.

I think when this occurred (when I was first married) video did not exist… It might have been a good 8mm!

Todd Krohn

Looks Like the Bass O’ Matic is Born Again !

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=da2_1259803124

GFC

Introducing The All New !

Neil Taylor
    Neil Taylor
    Keymaster

and yet, they are still married to this day.

delta9
    delta9
    Participant

GoldFishClub wrote: Looks Like the Bass O’ Matic is Born Again !

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Mackerel in the disposal:    A story.     Nothing like a kitchen full of mackerel puree

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.