post beach fishing report

Home Forums Your Fishing Reports post beach fishing report

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bob Doria 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

timmy

Got down to the beach at sunrise and started walking north of sharkies. started out casting a pomp jig and had no luck. Switched over to a red jig head and used some good ole flounder belly strips. They happened to be a yr and a half old but hey the funkier the better. After a few casts i felt a thump and let the fish take it. I slammed the hook home and out came a 17 inch beach flounder. In the bucket he went. I kept fishin to no avail so i headed over to the south jetty and fished the beach and rocks. Ended up catchin 3 more small flounder a pinfish and a lizard fish. Overall a good day of fishin and a great day!

Bill
    Participant

Hey there Tim.

It’s great to land the flounder from the beach.
    If you’re there between 7 am and 10 am, look for some of us regulars and say, “Hi!”.

Bill

timmy

It’s always fun. And its great to see the smaller flounder following your lure as you reel it in close to shore. And will do!

Bob Doria

Nice to see there are some big boys around. There are lots of shorts on the beach, so you did good. Hope to see you at the Jetty.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.