The month of August

Home Forums Your Fishing Reports The month of August

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ntaylor ntaylor 21 hours, 18 minutes ago.

• Author
    ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

I haven’t made a cast yet.   That is about to change.      Poor tides, weather.  I have postponed two trips and I had scheduled OFF days.    It gets busy starting Friday.   Will things continue how July ended?   I hope so.   July was a fantastic month.

If the fish move so will I

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

I will have to move

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

We caught fish.  But it was an August bite.    Nothing outstanding.   That dullness the dead of summer brings.      A couple dozen trout and four flounder.

On the drive home, no question, there is an algae bloom off the Bayside Bridge.    Brown/green ugly looking water.  It’s pouring rain over it right now.  Hopefully heavy rainfall can help stave off excess blooms.     It looked really lousy.

Now, for some time in the air conditioning

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

Ahhh, air conditioning.     So, I broke that trend to put new line on two reels, run some errands while I was sweaty anyway.

The people I ran into that went out:  They didn’t have a very good day today

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

In the air conditioning:  Tying teasers.   I went outside.   I was pretty happy to give up on that and come right back inside.

Today’s Times article on fishing the toughest time of year:

Tips on fishing during the tough summer

Neil Taylor
    Neil Taylor
    Keymaster

Testing

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

More days off.   The people who went:  Snapper.    Lots of snapper caught.    Poor tides upcoming, I’m staying in the air conditioning.

ntaylor
    ntaylor
    Keymaster

The lightest the schedule has been in twelve months.  Typical for this time of year really.

I went to the 12 Fathom factory.   On my way out of town I stopped to go jigging.    One hour.    50 silver trout.  Another ten mackerel.

I only kept the bigger silvers.   It was good enough for a nice double batch of fish spread.   I let the mackerel go.  Legal, they weren’t big enough where I would keep them.

This week gets busier again with the new moon tides

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.