- 1 pound Florida shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 Florida bell peppers, assorted colors, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Florida honey
- 1 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- oil for cooking
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Lightly coat the shrimp with the cornstarch.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the preheated sauté pan.
- Carefully add the coated shrimp to the sauté pan and cook until almost done, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and add the peppers and onions.
- Cook the peppers for 4 minutes.
- Add the honey, orange juice and soy sauce to the pan.
- Turn the heat up slightly.
- Bring the liquid ingredients up to a boil.
- Turn the heat back down to medium-high and add the shrimp back to the sauté pan.
- The sauce should thicken and the shrimp will be cooked after 3 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice.
- Garnish with sesame seeds.
– See more at: http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Recipes/Seafood/Shrimp/Florida-Gulf-Shrimp-and-Sweet-Pepper-Stir-Fry#sthash.zq37nYEL.dpuf